During hurricane season, want you to stay aware and be prepared. To assist with that we have assembled the below checklist with valuable tips to better protect yourself and your belongings. And remember, when in doubt, always follow your local authorities’ directives.
Hurricane Preparation Checklist
- Make sure you have current Renter’s Insurance!!! Be sure you have your policy numbers and claims dept. phone number handy.
- Listen to a NOAA Weather Radio for critical information from the National Weather Service (NWS).
- Check your disaster supplies and restock as needed.
- Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind
- Turn the refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and keep them closed as much as possible so that food will last longer if the power goes out.
- Fill your car’s gas tank
- Learn about your community’s hurricane response plan.
- Evacuate if advised by authorities. Be careful to avoid flooded roads and washed out bridges.
These are just a few tips to help you prepare. As always, in an event there is a hurricane, The Addison at Clermont will inform you of important news.